I raced with no shock, no gloves and no gears. I like the no gloves because it may keep me cooler and gloves can leave marks, bunch up and I really don't need. Sure it's a bit slippery sometimes but 10 years back my grips would actually fly off at times (that was fun). The no shock helps me climb and stay sharp all day. The no gears, the same. I will admit it was a tough day...
I will say DuLac is so far the most challenging SS course this year. It's bumpy. It's a steep opening climb, and the bottom to top climbing longer than Red Wing. At the start we all joked about the heat and a roll out start. I got a little attention for the 3 No's. The gang knew my speed was what it was going to be going up that climb. I went an easy gear this year, 32x19. Brendan et all paced. I crested the grassy climb in first. Brendan went by at the saddle/road. Yep it's true, even he breathes hard when working. I was hammered from the climb, Brendan, Jesse, Scott, & Devin went ahead, Joshua a bit up the road too. I held the rest off pounding up the top steep part of the road. It was hard even with 32x19. Into the woods in 6th....
Later in 1st lap Eric wanted to go by. Then I was 7th. That was that. It was a game of keep it steady and pound or run up the road faster than chasers could see. They never saw me after start of lap2. On last lap I was realing in Devin, but didn't have any left to bridge the short distance. Ended 7th and in the money!
Gitchee Gumee? Also that's my Angry Catfish jersey in pic. All I can say is good things about my carbon Niner and the Angry Catfish shop. So far a swell year with good results all around.
Grandpa finished his citizen race slow and safe. Duncan on 1x8 placed 9th overall in sport!!!!!. It was super duper hot, blazing like a furnace - way thick heat. We all felt way blasted after the race. I can't wait to see pics of the sufferfest. I have links on right for usual pic peeps.
Something funny? Or Anoy'n. Go to my 2006 post about Du Lac. Duncan video taped the Comp and Expert DuLac starts. Duncan was 11 ha ha. Check out Lonnie!! Check out The DuLac start climb. Ha ha. Later.
2 comments:
You can lap me, but did you ride the bench on side of trail next to red bull tent???
ROcket called out the DH mini jumps too, 3 LCR did, the 1 catfish went around. POINT.
Let's trade bikes. That may change the point system in many rigid ways. Can C get me one of those couch rides?
Anyone recognize anything in the 2006 blury vids?
Post a Comment