Leading the charge off the start...

rolling home 3rd overall in comp class...

Ah dude, I had the doo first maan

We pulled the pop-up camper to Du Lac and proceeded to find trouble. Another mixed weekend.
Mom-prerode Sat eve after rain slickened up the course, bonked her shoulder, has the "right of passage" knot on her shoulder. She didn't ride the race, bummer. She should be ok.
Alta-stayed at cuz'n over the weekend and didn't participate this year. Darn broken leg, she's NOT happy.
Duncan-4th in citizen, another successful day. He had fun.
Leo-scored big with the trials guys, did some riding, and scored shwag/prize. Did kids race, scored a metal for 2nd.
Dad's Comp Race Report -1st out of gate and up to ridge, eased off accross ridge and was passed by three(then 4th). At top of ridge snuk past two and kept leader in good view(in 2nd). 4th place guy was yellling at us to catch 1st guy, "get moving!" I wasn't breathing too hard, 3rd place was big time huff'n. The early lap pace was good to me, and the 1st place guy wasn't going anywhere as he was looking sketchy. So I kept it cool. After a bit of settling I hammered on past 1st place guy. Not sure what happened behind me but twice a guy came close then lost control or momentum (strange skids and noises) eventually I lost everyone passing a few tail end experts for distance. I was sitting 1st overall after one lap. Felt good, perhaps eased up too much on lap 2/3, let one go by on both laps, hmmm could have pushed it more. Lap 4 with plenty of gas brought her home fast for 3rd overall, and 1st in age (1 minute behind Bart).
All in all besides Mom's boo boo we all had a great time camping, cheering, chatting & cranking!!
Oh, by the way....more pictures of Du Lac/Afton racers can be found here.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/heath4143/my_photos
And here are start video's of Comp and Expert races, Duncan took the shaky vids, strap in.
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=1360471704356652028 "EXPERT"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2620937740453995056 "COMP"
Til next post, cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment