FYI-I won't have time to attach race picture or video "links" like ussual. I'm in Phoenix on business for a few days. 107 degrees here...
THE RACE:
A real flip flopper. I came into this race with big mud tires, legs without rest and no spark off the line. But real happy to finish. Duncan did great, I'm real proud of his effort in that AM humidity. He even stood up on the hills lap 2! He got 2nd in age at his race!!
Duncan on Steeple Course, credit-obviously http://johnpedersenphotography.com/
Race Highlights/Low Lights:
* very heavy, slow off start
* near wipe outs lap 1, don't change tires!
* Zenna past me lap 2, I got her back & ahead before lap 3 start, she beat me to end of lap 3, I went on to do one more lap per class
* I was past by 3 comp leaders lap 3
* I pass tail end of comp class my lap 4
* Duncan my fuel hand off manager, thanks son!
* we both finished with improvement
I'm as capable as late 2006. That's great because like last yr comp class, this 41 yr old expert virg will keep progressing.
The Leadville prep of long rides with intervals mixed in has started. It makes for a hard next 30 days.
It was nice to see success for some whom had it coming and a bummer for others off the finish line track. The 2007 saga continues........
Monday, June 4
MNSCS#2 Steeple
FYI-I won't have time to attach race picture or video "links" like ussual. I'm in Phoenix on business for a few days. 107 degrees here...
THE RACE:
A real flip flopper. I came into this race with big mud tires, legs without rest and no spark off the line. But real happy to finish. Duncan did great, I'm real proud of his effort in that AM humidity. He even stood up on the hills lap 2! He got 2nd in age at his race!!
Duncan on Steeple Course, credit-obviously http://johnpedersenphotography.com/
Race Highlights/Low Lights:
* very heavy, slow off start
* near wipe outs lap 1, don't change tires!
* Zenna past me lap 2, I got her back & ahead before lap 3 start, she beat me to end of lap 3, I went on to do one more lap per class
* I was past by 3 comp leaders lap 3
* I pass tail end of comp class my lap 4
* Duncan my fuel hand off manager, thanks son!
* we both finished with improvement
I'm as capable as late 2006. That's great because like last yr comp class, this 41 yr old expert virg will keep progressing.
The Leadville prep of long rides with intervals mixed in has started. It makes for a hard next 30 days.
It was nice to see success for some whom had it coming and a bummer for others off the finish line track. The 2007 saga continues........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment