Thursday, June 28

Buck 6/28 29'er

Hit the woods @ 6-7th. Right w/top group, then had to let off. John, Barry & I traded leads often, Joel hung for a while. Barry ended 5th, John 6th & I ended closer than last week 7th OA of 54!! I was 20ft behind the two at top of last downhill b4 exit climb. The full rigid setup & subsequent climb to finish got in my head. Decided(or failed) w/SS rigid I'd die on downhill. Plus they'ed take me in sprint to finish w/gears so let them go. Not sure what happened to Sam O (mid-pack), Miller & Oachs absent. Check "Buck" link on right for official results. Great race, more climbing this week!!! Had to dig deeper. SS good & bad, can't complain about 29'er effect, love it. Next race "gears" weapon to kick it, no excuses. Duncan did 2 laps for the first time. He finished ahead of Rec tail end & had fun. Way to go!!! Unlike every other race night, he was actually tired tonight when we got home....... Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good race freak... Don't forget it ain't just training for Leadville, it's training for Afton 24... Goal, beat the Farm Team and the Fallout Girlz... We'll have 3 teams there this year, nothing but 24 hours of comedy...

Out.