Saturday, June 16

Horribly not RAAM

Done!! Did the 200km with 6 detour miles (due to road constuction). It was Horribly Hilly. No big issues. My third greater than 100mi ride ever. This was 126 miles. Good leadville training. Took 7:45 bike, 8:10 total w/fuel stops(according to clock at end). Here's 2006 official times and dnf's. Did I mention it was horribly hilly? My max downhill spd 47 mph, seriously!! Many climbs like Taylors Falls or Afton road like. Used my 2001 chromo Bianchi, did well, green machine. On ride I kept thinking about Bernie and Greg doing the RAAM! The team of four was in 3rd last I checked. They wanted me to do it. Ha, we're they joking? I'm still learning how to road ride! Check out the fellow Minnesotians blog or go to RAAM site to see how "team strong heart" is doing right now. Nailbitter!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you bleed dry?

Still no go for Du Lac???

If you've got any blood left we could use it up in Dulute...

Team Ricoh and the Fallout Girlz are planning to throw down camp in the Du Lac field... Might divert if the GF is in though... Over?

HEATH said...

No change to plans, owt. On der master plan track. Bled but never amit dry. Doing farm t beverage treatment now. Thurs in. Red in (and will kill it!)