5 days after Horribly Hilly felt great at Buck, go figure. Equiped w/ 32x19 SS 29'er wondered how I'd fair. The warm up lap, painful, climb not fun.
At race start ended up in woods about 16th. On first climb I passed many....Tim, Joel & Jan challenged-passed me....at least I think it was those three. Somehow I found the strength passing all 3 before top. John & Pete?, Penn guys, we're on my tail, I passed before switchbacks. By the end of first lap, as I spun, they snuck into woods ahead. I passed them up tower hill, I think. It's sort of a blur but ended up passing one of the two penn guys mid-race for good. Tim & I went back and forth 3+ times. On 3rd lap I cranked by Tim for the last time. I was surprised never to see Jan mid/late race like ussual. Charged after Barry & John only to end up some -20 sec. Not a bad race!! 10th place of 47. Happy considering SS was brutal stress on top of hill climb AND last Saturday did 126miles of horribly hilly.
Duncan won the beginner class by seconds over Jordan, she's getting fast. He got the "move up cheer," I think he's going to do it. Cool!!!
No rain, tacky, post bbq & beverages, lots of fun. Brendan & Chris slammed a beverage for overall series 1 title. We all learned Brendan can slam as fast as he can ride....wow pops, nice slam. Chris may not have been trying...
No comments:
Post a Comment