Friday, June 30
BUCK#9
Last night was a fun race. I missed the last two and was excited to get on the new traverse across the hill stuff. The trail was packed better as recent rains kept sand and loose in check. With hopes high post Du Lac, my goal was top 30% again. Not tonight.
My start was fast enough as I tailed Paul & Jesse, in line with Dave O. Brendan was off in the grass on the right as we all rallied. I moved onto middle of road as soon as I could to allow Brendan on. Once on gravel road he flew. I managed to hit woods near 12th? My goal was top 15 & to finish top 15.
Once in the woods I felt the legs say, hold on bucko. The business travel this week & not being on bike since Du Lac called foul. I let up a bit & traffic was not pushing me so I carried on. Once out of the woods & onto the first real "S" climb I felt ok, but was lacking full on power. The push up to the water tower was ok, yet still wasn't motor'n. I settled in & so went the race. I was holding off Jeff for lap 2 & 3 but eventually he got me. Just didn't have the fight.
19th of 47 I think. Not bad, next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment