Sunday, June 4

HOSPITAL WEEKEND

We'll the Steeple weekend didn't go as planned. The plan was to camp with all three kids and leave mom at home to enjoy free time... Friday night at the campground Alta had a mishap and broke her tibula, clean through. AT 2:00AM the boys, Alta and I left the hospital with thigh high cast on Alta. Mom came out Saturday night after work. Sunday Alta and mom drove home and me and the boys hit Steeple. Race day...with no pre-ride due to Friday evening events. Duncan placed 3rd in citizen 10-12 year olds. Actually second but the course wasn't marked so he cheated, 3rd was the right place. Duncan was honest about it, good kid. Leo did 2 laps on kids comp race then dnf'ed. I don't blame the little 6 year old, but he gave it a go and had fun (I rode behind him). He has no idea what dnf means. He had fun and we left it like that (good job Leo!). I had a good start, went a little fast but was doing well in comp. Not sure about my 40+ age group but I was upper half, (edit by lap times I was 3rd in age 11th OA) when my tire blew. The pucture was so stout stans couldn't seal quick enough. I knew it was over right when it happened. Oh, we'll. The boys won shwag. Jagwire brake and shifter sets. Nice, I'll use it and convert my 8 spd to 9. Maybe I'll hit Afton and bag theroad ride to Duluth....

No comments: