Today was a hot day with plenty of action. A sport rider crashed bad, a single speeder took 1st in sport, and many dnf'ed in the comp race. I hope all turns out well for the crash victim.... I took over 50 pictures of Citizen riders because they never get press. Now I need to figure out how to post.
Duncan did great in the Citizen race, he was 4th, then 3rd, then stopped and rested. Ended up 4th. He though he was 2nd and still 3rd across the line after his rest. Silly goon. I gave him a high five and said good job. If he needs a rest he can have it! He did that at Buck a few times too (potty breaks). He's 11, did two C laps at Afton, 8 miles, and I'm proud. He's having fun, that's all that matters. I'll let him decide what works for him and how hard to push.
The Comp race was a burner. Before the race my plan was to utilize my stength and hit single track in first. It worked, I led the whole class from the start through bridge loop and halfway up to the club house. I was feeling good. The second place guy said "nice pace, keep it up." I could see sepration as I pounded. Not sure who was second, I think it was a Kenwood cycle guy who races adv each week at Buck, I think he dnf'ed. Regardless Lonnie passed me near the top, then later another. I finished lap one in third. My decision to lay off the gas was good!! I fell back a few more each lap and survived lap 4. Other than the slow fade, I know I put the hurt on many who tried to keep up out of the chute. Sweet, I did what I could to fend off rivals and faired well. The result, 9th of 55 overall and 2nd place in 40+ class (2hrs 6min). See you at Buck Thursday.
Sunday, June 18
AFTON MNSCS #3
Today was a hot day with plenty of action. A sport rider crashed bad, a single speeder took 1st in sport, and many dnf'ed in the comp race. I hope all turns out well for the crash victim.... I took over 50 pictures of Citizen riders because they never get press. Now I need to figure out how to post.
Duncan did great in the Citizen race, he was 4th, then 3rd, then stopped and rested. Ended up 4th. He though he was 2nd and still 3rd across the line after his rest. Silly goon. I gave him a high five and said good job. If he needs a rest he can have it! He did that at Buck a few times too (potty breaks). He's 11, did two C laps at Afton, 8 miles, and I'm proud. He's having fun, that's all that matters. I'll let him decide what works for him and how hard to push.
The Comp race was a burner. Before the race my plan was to utilize my stength and hit single track in first. It worked, I led the whole class from the start through bridge loop and halfway up to the club house. I was feeling good. The second place guy said "nice pace, keep it up." I could see sepration as I pounded. Not sure who was second, I think it was a Kenwood cycle guy who races adv each week at Buck, I think he dnf'ed. Regardless Lonnie passed me near the top, then later another. I finished lap one in third. My decision to lay off the gas was good!! I fell back a few more each lap and survived lap 4. Other than the slow fade, I know I put the hurt on many who tried to keep up out of the chute. Sweet, I did what I could to fend off rivals and faired well. The result, 9th of 55 overall and 2nd place in 40+ class (2hrs 6min). See you at Buck Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment