Monday, August 8

Hawk on a Shoe String

Duncan and I hit the Hawk Chase race. I'll make this quick. While others are coming into form, mine has been. Add in the fact I went too hard at Buck on the pug and whine whine whine. Devin gets the stop start stopstart medal for blocking 5 of us many many times, right before every steep up too. Many un-neccessary SS start from stop grinders in first 1/2 lap. Hawk is a tough course for SS. I may sound flaky but I'm putting gears on for a few events. My arms are fine but may put a shock on too. My legs and mind need a change up. To further augment, a nice beat down schedule coming up; Afton 2-4, Mpls Duathelon(I may skip) and Maple-Lag to name a few. 15th at Hawk yesterday for me obviously I'm already toast!!!

Duncan did a great job on his rigid single. 3rd in age. He looked good in the Angry Catfish suit. But that's another story......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nobody looks good in that suit!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Most hanus feathers in the flock.

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE???

Gear to big so you give to D-man?

DMC said...

I think next time I'll drink some beer before the race and then maybe i can go straight...

HEATH said...

Yeah Devin I thought it was sorta humorous at first it didn't stop. Once I was on McFadden's wheel I was making time again. Then a 3ft rubber like stick yo yo wraped my freewheel in the spokes. That really stunk as I waatched ya all go by. Catching back on was too late for lonf geary like down hill. Toast.

Anonymous said...

Duncan forgot his freak suit. So he borrowed another. Dime a dozen. Cat Fish all good.

Anonymous said...

Since when did he start wearing a jersey?

HEATH said...

He forgot his colors and was able to borrow some orange and blue.