Sunday, August 21

Hillside Thursday

Ma, Leo, D-Man and I made it to Hillside Thursday. Alta was at a friends. It's a trek to get there with traffic and all but worth it. It's always low key and fun. The swag is entertaining and much like an arcade mystery prize machine you never know what you'll get. Leo got a Lexis model car. I got a car vac. Ma a cutting board. Duncan got the 1st place podum champ shirt.

Yep Duncan did the one lapper and even with 32x19 on 29'er he scrambled down the road and passed others into 1st place. As far as podium, Amy made womens and Leo made the kids comp podium too! I was the big loser. Actually no big deal.

It was my first time on the bike since Afton 24. Wasn't tender sore from Afton (9 laps ss 2 laps gears) but my legs we're sluggish! Off the start I chased rocket Ray down the road, then Eric flew by too fast to get on. Then Sam decided to hammer by. I was able to stand and with 4 good cranks got on his wheel. In third and set to ride out two laps...then at start of beginner loop chain fell off my 1 by 8. I got back going again slowly in 10th? Anyway a few more chain drops later and still made back into 4th. Yeah the bike didn't get any care since the 24. It was tough as Broten and others we're after me and my stale legs. Hey, just realized no dnf's this year. I don't dnf much at all as I'd rather finish slow than dnf. Not sure when I dnf'ed. Knock on carbon. Looking forward to more causual Hillside fun...good times.

No comments: