What's with losing 3rd & ending in 4th place?? Cheq100 now Buck.
Most of the race I wanted it more than doubted it. A good race. Had a good start and although it hurt, kept it going. HURT: not like muscles - how to explian- it's hurt like being turned inside out. You know what I mean, going hard at Buck feels like a fish flopping between the lungs and a vise on the head restricting blood flow. What a painful rush. :) You gotta want it to hold off attckers right?
So the course was full climbing at the start, part way up road, down to woods then back up grass to top of road. Good challenge for SS. To my surprise I was able to hold 3rd or 4th all night. When Fisher popped his derailer I was in third. I saw Adam, Charlie and Matt charging for me each lap, Dave was on me. Somehow they never cuaght me. Well, Dave passed me late in the race. I was able to hold his wheel through most traffic until the end, and that was that 4th. Wa wha waaah.
Duncan had a good race but ended a bit slower in 9th. I think the SS tourture got to him (getting stronger). He will be done with school soon, that should lift some stress......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was my first time @ buck last night... You can blame me I was part of the newbie traffic. Hopefully will get better with pratice
I just noticed your comment. Don't worry about it. Buck is all about fun- all of us racing together.
Traffic is part of Buck. It doesn't bother most of us. And those it does bother shouldn't be there.
Ride until you see a good spot then be clear with what your doing (the plan and body movements) and all good. I always say "rider coming" and if the person is ok with getting out of the way right away, cool. If not and I see them hesitate I always say, no biggie, whenever your ready. I'd rather wait and keep it safer/funner for all of us then pressure too much.
See you next week!
Post a Comment