Saturday, June 18

Buck#6 Attendance Award

Mom threatened but ended up not attending this week. Alta is not really into biking and not enough kids at Buck her age, so no Buck was her vote. Leo came out and raced. So just the boys hit it!
Duncan and I both scored the attendance award. What I mean is show up to all 6 series races and end up top 3. I ended 2nd overall again for series. Last year I was also 2nd both series1 & 2. It's been like that for years. Not all fast guys show to all 6. Obviously as the picture shows I enjoy the suffer (slight smile, slight pain expression).

This weeks race start still hurt but not as bad (not riding enough lately). I got out of the chute in front group but on concrete backed off in stress. Up grassy climb I felt out of breadth. Ed Alpasa, Freewheel guy and a few went by. I saw Barry leading second wave and Dave O in there too. Once on road I looked up and saw leaders disapear and Barry with many behind. I felt better/motivated and hammerred ahead of all of them to top and into woods. So lap1 into woods it was in no order Jack, Jeff Hall, Jesse, Brendan and Doug. Then me in 6th. Through Lap1 Dave, Barry and I chuckled as it's always us three together at some point every year. This year lately Dave has been pulling away.

Start of Lap2 Doug was pulling off on the side. Long short, Dave ended 5th behind Jack, Jeff, Jesse and Brendan M. I tried to shake Barry but couldn't. Barry and I battled. He got ahead at end and led to finish climb however I snuk in ahead of him for 6th (I returned the sprint finish favor from last week where he barely got me:).
Duncan is doing well in Rec category scoring top 10 or top 5 every race, and 3rd overall in Series #1. He might move up. He claimed he wanted a poduim first before moving up. Leo did the one lapper. I really enjoy cheering the boys on. So fun to see my guys out there. By the way Duncan is officially taller than me....hold back the jokes please..... Afton SS next.

No comments: