Ain't nothing lucky really. I show up & race, consistently. Mud at DuLac, Afton also on SS, hot or cold weather it's show-n-go. Similiar & expected results year to year race to race. What ever the sport - climbing, running gates boarding or skiing it's a very very rare day if not tracking.
Buck last night with newly laced wheels & furious fred tires was all good. Off the start I settled in behind lead pack. I saw Jack, Doug, & Nate causing battles up dirt hill with others. I didn't panic or worry. Instead went up dirt then up pavement at my comfy race pace.
Later in lap 1 I reeled in a few and passed on dirt climb. From that point on I chased Fisher for 3 laps. I was chased by Nate, Barry, John, Charlie & Dan for 3 laps. Many time pack got close & I kept seeing them....
I was running scared but saved most energy for climbs and went smooth but forceful in single track. The Furious Fred's, new wheels, Misfit Psycles and climbing plan worked well. 5th on SS, 51.5m. Jack & Doug dropped out and Brendan didn't show. I heard schedule conflict & big race weekend may be the reasonings.
Duncan kicked but on his Misfit Psycles (like Dad's) set up all natual SINGLE SPEED! He passed many on hills. He improved his time a few minutes and moved up many places. Field reports from fans shared he looked strong. Most importantly the kid loved the SS set up and having fun!!
Friday, June 25
Buck Lucky #7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment