Monday, June 7

Afton Old School Cruiser

Grey Squirrel makes the Citizen 60+ podium. Will there be a 70+ for ya next year?
Duncan ripping down the S-Turns. D-Man had a tougher than normal day. The night before he babysat a 6mo old, and two toddler sisters until mid-night. He held the 6 mo old all night as Duncan put it, he cried every time I put him down. Way to finish with style! Thanks http://www.skinnyski.com/ Check it out. I was generally happy all day with just a few twinges in legs lap 4.
Again, Single Speed proves to be my game. Pro's showed from CO, IA, WI, MN, CA, NY. 75 Elite racers in all. Wow! Nice showing. Plenty of young rippers too. Off the start I was easily in top ten at crest of opening hill, it felt good. I was thinking is it one of those days? The hamster spin on the dirt road prolouge was a nice warm-up!! Put me in 30th ish.
Once in single track I began to pick off multiple riders at a time on inclines. Up shady it was more of the same. I settled in chasing Devin and Dave O. Generally I held a comfy spin on easier sections and paced for heavy hammer to keep cadence on climbs. In other words when I got to big climbs I was ready to roll. It worked. Each lap after lap 1 I passed a few. By lap 4 I had enough energy to pass 3 and hold off one for good. I almost got Charlie but his big ring worked to counter on the one last flat section before downhill... 13th overall, happy with result on single speed, of course as always want more!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Du Lac... Sneak out on Sun... Use it up when you got it...

Thanks for invite but you know knuckle dragg game up nort...

=8

DMC said...

nothing like being spit out the back on a prologue... In the air on du Lac...watching the weather,, long drive for shitty conditions..
great to see ya and the fam... go squirrel go...