Family race notes & tidbits, primarily mountain bike stuff.
Monday, March 10
Hillside Last PUG Snow Dance
Duncan on video after 1hr 47min.LCR PUG podium sweep. Hot Tub great, eyes still feel like clorine. Seriously. That & stomach issues am B4 race, all mess’d up ya'all. Not riding since Wed. for Sun. race & arriving back in town Sat. after air travel gives sludgyness. ...PUG RACE you say? OK. After dueling Goat around parking lot laughing and breaking cone ettiquitee, led a pretty slow warm up type race/start. Any, AND EVERY LCR sister in range yelled to gooooo faster Squirrel. Not often they see FG & I so close ahead. It was a fast group LCR training ride, fun. 2 fun. Soon enough it was points and pain time. Early into section 4 Larry said, I can lead if u want? I said not yet n pushed it faster. Jimmay yelling/collecting points and a Pirate was a reeling. So up a notch we went. A pull here and/a bobble there but FG basically was always there, on wheel, waiting for “the” moment. A few times almost happened but I hung on-trail to finish with a careful lead & win. It didn't seem like a fast race. Other than the stress and comments of Sarg right there waiting, pretty un-eventful. Hope I didn't jipp ya too much FG! Felt great afterward and had fun riding around lot on logs etc, after a hot tub of course. Thanks Zilla the crowd thrilla. The whole squirrel fam was there as wes Teel and other friends. LCR fiends went out for grub, all good, all good. Out. OH yeah, the bike picture was the overall race series trophy (courtessy of flex sauber), fixie, a ticket to road rash no doubt. I'm game. P.S. the trophy comes back for next years' PUG series winner.... CLICK THE LCR POSTER ABOVE FOR RACE PICS
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
ARS, You get the point... No dab= no window to jump, it's yours sister... Error free with me on your tail, that is good riding by a jet lagged Squirl...
2 comments:
ARS, You get the point... No dab= no window to jump, it's yours sister... Error free with me on your tail, that is good riding by a jet lagged Squirl...
Saturday Rag105/2 rope a dope...
You guys are amazing....damn
Post a Comment