Sunday, September 23

Minnesota State Single Speed Champ?

MNSCS#10 Jail Trail: 6:30am alarm, Duncan citizen race started at 9:30am. In biffy even before toothbrush, before waking Duncan, it hit me hard. Bring the single speed! Yep, if "MN State SS" title was really on the line I'd race both SS & Expert races. PRE-RIDE: once on trail, figured out 19t wouldn't cut it. Long story short Revolution Cycle & Ski Shop guys we're da'bomb. They drove me to da'shop sold me a 17t fw then got me back in time. SINGLE SPEED Race 11am: I led out around parking lot. Hollywood answered later during prolouge, I passed him before single track & held. The rest was history. I won race by 4 min, 2nd place SS'er Hollywood 5 min back. I did this race for two reasons; Love my Misfit Psycles 29'er SS. ALSO, I couldn't let this race go w/o showing SS'ers should be challenged. A State Champ Title Race should be more than sport length! SS'ers are supposed to be hardcore right? ha ha Point. It's all good. EXPERT Race 1pm: slow start pace to enable finish. Hung farther back in pack. By lap 2 thighs we're doing electrical shock tricks. I slammed alot more energy drink (my bottle had 5 scoops of heed & enduro's). Yeah, nasty...but did the trick. By end of race legs all heat, no cramps, weird feeling. I didn't pound it just rode it out smiling! 2hrs 4m, 5th in age. DUNCAN's Race: He had a great day. He said some areas we're double diamond. Not sure what he meant. Perhaps after Chequamegon, the single track twisty is harder. Anyway, Squrrel Jr. scores 3rd in age, great job!! POST RACE a group of 10+ LCR/Farm went out for burritos & beverages. Guse, Miller & the Horner family showed up. It was awesome! Two races in one day for me, sweet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job. Congrats to you and Duncan. My 29 Dos Niner is taking shape. WaHoo Dad

T Miller said...

Nice job on the W Heath! Great improvement this year with all of your results -you must be pretty happy. Give me a call to ride sometime.

Anonymous said...

Squirl Gets the double Ricoh point... Good work.

Now it's all about the internal bleeding of one another... Levis Oct 6th/ 7th, bring out the whole Squirl Family...

Out.