Friday night dropped off 5 bikes and two Boy Scouts to join the Baker Park Reserve overnight camp out. My boy Leo included. The plan was to bike out in the AM and bike back with 7 Scouts. After a morning of house chores and radar map checking it was game on. I biked from my house and met them coming East near Grey's Bay road. I had a nice tempo ride out. Feeling good. Anyway I made sure before the trip all Scouts had gloves, rain jacket, hat and water bottle. I also told the troop leader to pack a lunch. Good thing I carried two rain jackets, two sets of arm warmers, three pairs of gloves and an extra hat. When I hooked up with them they we're cold. My gear was used asap. Even though boys we're cold they we're in good spirits. Long story short I was outside in 45 degree rainy weather for 4.5 hours. We we're all cold, we had sandwiches delivered halfway via back of truck cooler (from previous night camp). My fingers we're toast, my feet had the whitey's. Best recovery ride yet. The boys we're all troopers and learned some things. They'll be at Ragnarok in 5-8 years!
BTW found a really cool site with killer pictures I added to my sidebar under races, training & misc so I can check-it often. "Extreme Picture of the Week" nice work N.G.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Teachin the troops mental toughness... Nice.
You shoulda had Jimmmay along.
Post a Comment