Monday, April 23

Power Meter at Hillside

So switched the wheel from CX to MTB. Did two hot laps at Hillside. Yep, power rules. Heart rate and speed mean much less when it comes to real time measures. I can't share enough how much I've learned in one MTB ride with a power meter. I was so surprised!!

I been reading a lot and have a good book too "racing and training with power." Here's an article that's interesting. Most I find is on road. I think there is much to learn about the demands of MTB and power. Still a new area. I'm telling you right now power is the future of training. Price points are coming down....

My Road vs. MTB power profile. In both cases I removed the 0% power. At Hillside 25% was zero power, on road about a 8%! But MTB brought out much higher watts. I think if I'd have a bigger SS gear I would have seen even higher watts. Soon enough.....   Below 1 watts and higher % of time MTB Hillside then CX ROAD ride below.
NUTS. I have so much good data. Real zones via instant power. Also a path to ensure peaks when I want. We'll see what I can get done this learning year.........

3 comments:

Larry Sauber said...

NUTS is right.

Tweek on...

Anonymous said...

Goat wright this for you?

HEATH said...

That's it. No foo for you!!