Wednesday, September 8

Maplelag: Pop-Up, Pop-Down, Pop-Up

You thought Duncan is getting fast? Watch out for Leo, he likes it. Three Citizen races plus other races this year. Ok the story, the fab five headed up to Maplelag. The resort rocks. It's hard to explain how awesome the weekend is, how great the people are etc etc. Your missing out. SO! With Pop-up in tow we made it (almost not), more on that later. I'll make this a quick post. Basically Leo, Duncan, Mom and I all raced. Alta just had fun camping etc etc with friends. Here's are some highlights:
-Mom got a podium using SS in Citizen open age Women class
-Leo got a podium in Citizen open age class
-Duncan didn't get a podium but from what I see in pics and beore chain drop, he's getting so fast. Maybe ST is his thang. Or is it Afton 24 8 LAPS
-Back to LAG, I got a podium. We'll 15th for cash ain't bad
-Although I ran a Du-Athelon the Snday before (my first run race, my first run outside this year) and couldn't walk at State Fair Tuesday, I felt fine at Maple. I had a great start to XC race.
The big distraction for me, other than Friday night late night 2AM (getting yelled atfor being too loud) fun was the POP-UP. Yep, about an hour before the ST I noticed the wheel was almost falling off the Pop-Up camper. Freaked me out as it was late Saturday, holiday weekend and 5 people worth of crap was in there. Bearings shot, wheel hosed, what do I know about that stuff. I learned. What about my race????? Long story short I did the ST while thinking about the Pop-Up. Was able to fix Pop-Down on holiday weekend and Pop-Up made it home Sunday!!!! Notice the bearing races and outer ring in pic above. Yeah no bearing, no lube, all luck it was salvage-able!!! Crazy stress. Next is St Cloud, Chequamegon, Hillside, maybe CX. Levis Trow in the forecast. Maybe more running. Oh by the way. Check out Cody Larson's blog link on right. See ya

3 comments:

DMC said...

I'll ride Levis with you

HEATH said...

E-mail sent with top secret mission details

Jay Richards said...

Great recap Heath. LOL! Always a pleasure having your awesome family.