Did I say my bikes have the big tires on? Fall MTB ready. Then why did I switch a pair of wheels to 30 wide CX? Ha ha .
• -tried my first cx race last night .
• -it took 2 yrs to finally do a CX (no school) schedule eased .
• -my 29'er scandium mtb looked funny but enabled a goofy finish .
• -my wheel fell off at the gun, bye bye 35+ racers .
• -i put wheel on laughing and caught many tail of packers .
• -rear brake was "gone" as pad must have fell out when wheel fell off, gone .
• -wiped out by applying too much front brake on off-camber, no rear brake .
• -front 35psi, back 45psi, I didn't know tires wouldn't blow like at Cheq40 .
• -lap 2, 5 min into 40, wheel fell off again I'm no quitter! put'er on .
• -later I caught the "they made put on a jersey with sleeves" Eddie .
• -with Eddie in tow went for 18 inch barrier hop at speed, back wheel hit hard .
• -knocked barrier over big time, cart wheeled magnificently after front wheelie .
• -i knew I'd fall down but it was hilarious fun .
• -i finished bottom 20% .
• -it was fun regardless if race had way more runs, run-ups than normal .
• -my inner legs don't hurt, it's my ass and back, arms ok .
• -generally last 2 months included no road rides, big ring muscles hurt .
• -ss next time, racing is the training .
• -oh I'll giver a couple more tries before pug season .
• -i also learned I'm in the 45+ age group cause next years age counts .
• -didn't hurt too bad, month since Buck VO efforts, kept mellow back of back .
• -maybe next race I'll put a race together....or do another circus show .
Signed MTB'er with misplaced 2.4 and 2.2's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment