Nope, I didn't do the SS State Champ Race. I might have done well but after three good races last 3 yrs decided Hillside Friday Night sounded better, and it was. Hillside is a blast cause the course is a good workout and the after party (with bonfire) always a good time. I ran the SS 2.4 front and rear. Spinning like mad I was able to stay ahead of the crowd. Down the road and accross the parking lot for hole shot then kept that place. Duncan's bike is also set up ss rigid like pops. He had a good 1 lap race and pulled another 3rd place podium on hid 29'er. Leo hung out by the fire blew up mushrooms, cans and such (fire crackers). After the race we ordered a pizza. Domino's delivers! I gave a piece away as swag.
.
St. Cloud Jail Trail Race- I gave Duncan the choice if he wanted to race Sport race, SS. He wanted to sleep instead. So that was the call. I hit the Expert race at 1:00 solo. The semi-long double track race start was sorta painful after prior night Hillside race. I was able to get into the woods top 10. From there I chased the leaders with Barry in front and Devin close behind. Devin snuk by and the train continued. The leaders we're in site for quite a while. After the prolouge around parking lot I went by Barry and Devin into woods, Nick followed. At that point I felt pretty good. With Nick chasing close he asked if anyone was up there. I already had my eye on Luke up ahead and let Nick know. I chased Luke down and passed him. Nick got by me later in lap and I chased hard. I began to tire a bit before lap 2, Luke went by. At start of lap 2 I saw Devin and Barry chasing. I held them off until the start of the third lap where they bot got by me. I rubber banded behind Barry and Devin trying to stay close, they slipped away mid-lap. I held the rest of lap 3 in that place for 12th. The straight aways we're more work as the 2.4 and 2.2 tires took there toll. In the woods the tires we're awesome. Love this time of year. Come on leaves, mud and cold. It's the wet and wicked season. Below video, try the log backwards....watch my tires...close to the edge and hop is the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment