.
Anyway, for the long weekend all five in my family plus my Dad all headed up. We all raced. I can't even begin to share the fun we all had. On the left is a picture of Leo after a full day at camp. By the way Duncan is fine, a bit sore, but fine.
.
In the Cross Country race on Sunday, we all raced. Alta and Leo did kids comp. Everyone finished. All but Leo got 1st or second in age. I should mention my Dad at 67 was the oldest, and got first. He stood on the podium alone, on the top. Anyone have a picture of that? I'm sure most of you spoke with him this weekend, he sure had a great time.
.
Since some of you other old farts like my XC race re-caps, I'll recap. First off, let me say got my butt kicked by a 15 year old. Yeah, thanks for making feel young Jake!! From no training to way into expert mix, very nice. So you know, my race re-cap might be a little long, so stop reading and check out pictures below if you want. See ya....
.
Ok, the expert race went like this from my view: the start went well as didn't go for broke but hung in around 15th. After first single track the glimpses of leaders diminished. On downhill before the steep open gravely climb my chain sucked into BB area again. I got off bike to fix, Barry and about 6 other guys wizzed by. I made up some ground on the gravely climb. From there it was to the lake side drops. It was follow Hollywood, Shane, and Lance toward suicide hill. Matt Kurke was near, Jan was somewhere behind and Barry was up ahead somewhere. Shane and Hollywood went back and forth a few times, then at suicide hill I hammered past a few folk. Eventually I passed Tom and caught up with Barry. I think that was all during lap 1.
.
.
Lap 2 and 3 was a bit blurred as Paul was always there and/or ahead, Jan did catch us. Matt, Paul and I all went after or chased Jan at one point or another. I passed Jan once and passed Paul about four times. It was near 90 degrees, hot, and a tough course. Yowza. I do remember Seeing Barry catching me again at beginning of lap 3.
.
.
It was a hard race for me but happy to finish in the money and not DNF. Check out the expert money picture. Barry and I we're having fun in nose bleed row. (all pictures are from my Dad's or my Camera, one might be Dana'a which I'm sure to buy a few pics from her again).
.
Looks like for my efforts this year I'll end up 6th or 7th overall experts for 2008 season. Not bad for a 42 year old. My goals have been mosly set on next year, we'll see..... Later!

2 comments:
Great recap Heath. Thanks again for supporting our event, always fun having your family and cool your Dad came up. Good to see the kids were getting some spring action from the piece of plywood screwed to the dock. Next year you can lead us all in singing before each meal time.....Oh, the Lord is good to me...Awesome idea.
Uh yeah, your the greatest but not sure about actually singing, nor would anyone want to hear it!
Post a Comment