Sunday, September 14

Chewamie Gone

Fun yet saying no more. Fun to see folk but grass ride not worth riggamaroll. My deal went down SS 2 9 @38x17. Over rev'ed engine 10 times before rosies then passed a zillion on rosies. Brutal rollout on SS. The trail went fast and my gearing was good. Scored a nice pull from FG and followed Ryan Horkey to water tower. We formed group of 4 ss'ers. At water tower gaped all 3 ss'ers, only walked once.... But chain kept cracking loud popping noises. I held off Ryan for most of the way home but within last 10 miles got off 3 times, twice to push chain back on & once to wrench chain line tight. I was feeling way strong but bike down time stinks. It happens, Ezra had flat issues too. Nice job Ryan et all. Chain issues cost me 20 spots & 3rd overall in SS? Oh well the results beat my 2005 effort finishing 2hrs 26m, top 100. I was the idiot of the day and biked back 20 miles to Hayward in the rain. Not sure what got into me. It was wet, sorta fun and fine on the legs. My team mates all wimped out. I was looking forward to a group ride back but no. Amy, Duncan and my Dad all improved their time over last year in the 16. I hear Dad was strong the whole race and passed a large group on finish hill. Next year I'll watch. Sheila scored 2nd and Teel 3rd in SS, sweet. Fun to hang with many friends. Too bad the rain drove most home Saturday. I'm looking forward to single track riding. Happy trails.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This FG says "anytime..." Like I've said before, I cleared a few holes back in my HS football days... Was 150 lb pulling guard, now a 185 lb pulling ricoh... Elbows wide.

I wont be hurt if I don't get in next year... Trail riding way more fun then grass racing...

HEATH said...

Thanks for the pull and snub FG? At least the short bus home was dry. R.S. circulation for Friday night and Saturday races should be good. We'll see if the over-the-hill engine can still motorboat through the woods......

HISTORIAS DE ESTA VIDA X JMEC............... said...

suerte campeones.........

Anonymous said...

Where is the Goat pic?

Sat in, Fri FG duties take over... Next Fri hopefully for circlin in the dark...

Ricoh to come out of hiding? That is the question... Might be too warm yet...

Out?

Matt said...

I can't even relate to such a tall gear ratio. Damn 38 x 17? Wow, you guys must have been flying!

muyres said...

I have to give TOWER crap!! He said he was riding back and it was 'tradition'...What a loser! I thought he was tough. I guess not! Nice race Heath.