LEO finished a full lap. Check out how the little ones go downhill...whew!
DUNCAN had one of his better races dualing it out and edging in just ahead with a sprint finish!! No pics. My DAD finished but thought the course was a bit technical. He took it out on a tree. He's all good and scored second in age 60+!! My Dad! "turn your speakers down"
My race had a fun beginning and end..... I did it again, silly me.....off the start led expert pack up first climbs up to tar road. I went out hard and looked back surprised to see big gap(will they ever take me seriously?). I settled in about 7th on the road. Dave O and I worked for a bit until lap 2 my chain sucked into BB area. I had to dismount. Jan caught me as I struggled to put my chain on. Then I passed Jan and we reeled in Dave, then the chain came off again(dismount!!!!) For almost 2 laps I struggled to get my gears from skipping adjusting the shifter barrel. Finally figured out the chain suck'n in BB area must have bent my chain. Yep a really bad bend. Once I removed the bad section of chain with the tool it no longer skipped. By then I was 5+ minutes back from previous position, it cost me 7 or more spots...ended 15th, 2nd in age. Jan is two races ahead now! About the start, I figured it wouldn't hurt anyone's game if I went out fast (it didn't). I had power all day....just ask Andy about our sprint finish. Expert start video without climbs below.....who's old and slow??????
After the race we went to Horner's for an LCR team BBQ. We all had fun. Kid's still had energy...
That's it.
Later..........
2 comments:
hey man. way to finish though. its the things people dont see that are factored in. i thought the person out front was a young kid. They will take you serious when you can hold it to the last lap...i think I saw Hall point at you and laugh.
Matt you Joker, nice cyber smack. I beleive ya. Laughing at or with no matter, I'm having a blast out there!! When I looked back and saw the gap I was surprised. Call me new guy, silly starter and still learning. Hall and others have all my respect...
Post a Comment