Sunday, August 17

24 Hours of Afton (LCR in the House)

Salsa 2 4 as it's now called was a blast. Perfect weather, full moon, tons of swag, MORC/Salsa ran a stellar show. The non-race festivites, games and food we're swell. I can see this event becoming bigger n bigger. With 9-mile so close or perhaps name change speculations, folks missed out!!! Dan Dittmer won solo easy, stopping early (21 laps). LCR cleaned up with the following:
-1st place overall team; LCR, Farm, Riccoh, 33 laps
-2nd place overall team; LCR Misfits
-Fastest Lap honors 37:14
-1st place Solo Women
-2nd place Solo Women
-3rd place Solo Man
-1st place Wheelie
-LCR Kids Team age 11, 13, 15, 15 completed 19 laps and were recognized
Nice job team!! Oh by the way I scored an Ergon pack and grips for fastest lap. Very cool thanks Jeff Kerkove you rock. also AFTON, Salsa, MORC, Penn Cycle, Nightrider, Twin Six, Hammer, REI and the Four Firkins supported. Check out the Four Firkins, great lil beverage shop. Anyway, good times........later.

4 comments:

Jeff Kerkove said...

Your welcome!

Email me if you have questions with either product.

jeff dot kerkove at ergon dash bike dot com

Matt said...

Awesome job there you guys! I didn't learn to ski at Afton....but I learned how to ski at Afton. Bet the course was pretty fun - there are some rollers out there that could make it quite an effort.

Anonymous said...

Next year your running!!! HA! I guess I was and always will be the pulling guard clearing a hole for the wing back... Over?

HEATH said...

We better secure recruits now, next year natives won't sit by and watch. However, Lacrosse is still calling.....thanks for talking me out of the southern route in 08'. LCR took it home! As far as cool running, that would be like two charlie horses before a race. My weak trot skills, maybe that's a good thing? Jimmmaaaay under 40m lap, yeah we told him so, he showed'em so. Great teamwork, good times under a full moon.