Sunday, June 15

WORS#4 SUBARU CUP

Setbacks end good in the long run right? My first WORS race didn't go as planned yet was to be expected. The last two blog post hint various time priority distractions of late... The Race: After Don said "go!" I snuk up the side into 15th or so. As we climbed began to settle on my place. Then Paul went by and said something like, "let's roll" to Jay. I cranked it up and followed him to near top ten? That was silly!! Jay was near as was Ben. Later into the woods after another climb noticed still panting way too much. I followed Jay for a bit then started to sagg bad on the next climbs. The course had a mix of single track and more flat 4 wheeler type trail. Although 80 deg. temps and humid go well with me, lap 2 & 3 we're a misery of slow time. I was passed by 20+ riders. Somewhere into 3rd lap decided getting a missing multi-hour ride in and enjoying was good. I was called an "old man" earlier only to pass the friendly commenter later. I'd guess lap 4 & 5 passed perhaps 20 to end 31st of 75 male Elites. Finished, twas the goal for 1 point. Camping was stellar fun!! Later...

No comments: