Monday, June 30
MNSCS#4 SINGLE SPEED 29'er
Good times for My Dad, My Son, and I at Mt. Kato. All three of us finished our races to help team LCR get points!! We took off near 7:00am to ensure pops and sqrl jr had time b4 their race.
No problem, it was quicker to get to Kato than I remember. Anywhoo, Grey Squirrel and Squirrel Jr. said the citizen course was slippery and fun. I had a good time cheering, hydrating and taking pictures.
Finally after two years, raced a SS at an MNSCS. Buck, no big deal but just couldn't go there at MNSCS. Scared of muscle failure. Mankota was it!!! Single Speed rigid 29'er 34x19. I was nervious but it ended up A'OK. Off the start I was comforatable in 15th or so up the first climb. It was a bit of a grind. I settled in near Tom, Jesse and a velo guy. The hills and short climbs wern't too bad, but after most of lap fell off Tom's pace to ensure race success. Lap 3 & 4 started getting real good at pacing before, then, hammering small inclines. Funny, mid race I was nervious about muscle failure. It never happened, in fact I started pushing it faster during lap 5. It was sweet. Never walked, hardly regretted it and definetly enjoyed!!! 14th of 38 Expert, 3rd in age behind Cam and (Jan only-18 sec) on rigid 29'er SS. L
ater....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nice work on the rigid SS... Your a freak!
Squirl Clan represented well...
Have heard no word on a 4th wheel yet... Will be at Afton on Saturday setting traps...
Oh Clair on Sunday.
FG out.
tent on O-clear. Wordless on last wheel....entry schedule? or scheduless?
Yep Oh Clare is FG experiment...
STH on planet Farm Team... Could be wordless for a while...
Not sure on entry til I get confirmation from race director, who has yet to be named... Just winging it at this point...
Squirl Clan at Oh Clare correct?
Just in, all in. This time with gears and all kids in tow.
Post a Comment