Great day for a race! Bummer family opted out. Mom was way busy at flower shop all week. The night before race we attended a house party, friends and kiddo's. The kid's and Ma let off some stress. We arrived home past 11:30pm. Needless to say late night combined with rain and Duncan with a cold...no fam, just me at mnscs#1.
YET, my Dad raced Citizen and did quite well!! He really wanted revenge on his grandson, it appears he took it out on the competition. He passed many and finished ahead of 14 peeps, medaled with a second in age. Way to go Grey Squirrel!!
I was soon in better position charging a pack led by hwood. I caught and passed a few. Hey Tri did i look good on a bike like that? Many comments about my pretty bike.....all good, all funny. Anyway I went back and forth with Matt Kurke as we chased hwood.
By lap 4 Matt had passed and I couldn't quite hang. A pack of at least 7, with Jan leading, was charging hard to catch me. Late in lap 4 after a sketch of sorts they caught me. I managed to hold them off and gap them a little in the last woods. I was able to hold all but Jan through start finish and back into the single track for lap 5.
All of lap 5 Jan and I battled, was it 4 or 6 total passes? The pack was right there waiting for us to pop. A very hard effort got me into the last woods ahead of the pack again. Finish in mind, plan was to muster enough strength & lead pack to the finish. That last bit of pavement & finish stretch is long after 5 laps!! I gave it, led the whole pack in for 3rd in age, 13th of 45 overall. Way faster than last year....... My pic from skinnyski. My Pops from Dana. Grizzly has some up, also new picture links on mnscs site. See link on right side of page. Later..
4 comments:
Good one RS. I couldn't stay for your finish because I had a nap waiting. My new 29er steed climbs like trigger. But RR I'm not. GS
Nice work G.S. glad we got a shot of the elusive one. You got a point for Sista call out while racing.
That course blows, so flat, so many PRO rodeo partakers. Most fade away as courses get tougher and roads get smoother....all good.
Great race! I fell flat the last half lap and couldnt pass Jan and others up to you. Are you riding Cable?
Can't make cable this weekend. I know many are going.... Should be a really good time.
Post a Comment