Duncan & I headed to Hillside today. I did enduro, Duncan did 1.5 lap beginner class. Fun to see everyone.
The enduro was 4.5 laps, some 30 odd miles, near 3 HOURS!! I used rigid 29'er SS 32x19. An aggressive endeavor but what the heck. Hillside is a twisty roller coaster ride with many short climbs and lots of techy fun. From the dirt road start I hit woods in a spinny mid-pack position. Not sure how many, but passed perhaps 5 during race. I was in 5th/6th by start of lap 4. I won't go into detail but without too many issues pulled off 7th of 23, quite happy since I was the only SS. Great first race. Found out the training is on track. I still have the race pace, whew!!
Duncan had a great race. No issues with 1.5 laps. The course is tecky for little man, no problem. Nice Duncan, 3rd place in age(12-19). Swag was good and Duncan got a real live "wood tic" swag too.
Saturday, May 5
Hillside, first race
Duncan & I headed to Hillside today. I did enduro, Duncan did 1.5 lap beginner class. Fun to see everyone.
The enduro was 4.5 laps, some 30 odd miles, near 3 HOURS!! I used rigid 29'er SS 32x19. An aggressive endeavor but what the heck. Hillside is a twisty roller coaster ride with many short climbs and lots of techy fun. From the dirt road start I hit woods in a spinny mid-pack position. Not sure how many, but passed perhaps 5 during race. I was in 5th/6th by start of lap 4. I won't go into detail but without too many issues pulled off 7th of 23, quite happy since I was the only SS. Great first race. Found out the training is on track. I still have the race pace, whew!!
Duncan had a great race. No issues with 1.5 laps. The course is tecky for little man, no problem. Nice Duncan, 3rd place in age(12-19). Swag was good and Duncan got a real live "wood tic" swag too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice race "Red Squirrl" & "Squirrel Jr."... I don't know about you, but I'm still in the pain bucket, and I was running gears... I'm blaming it on the Ironman... Excuses, excuses... Buck Thursday night, Afton Saturday... Over?
Good race indeed. The 29'er was good to me. A little pain just starting to creep in. I'll ride it off in the am.
Ahh, the first Buck event, one of my favorite early season races. The post race swag and beverage always seems better at first race. Unfortunatley Duncan & I cannot attend near term Buck or Maplelag events.
Afton is a maybe, depends what the kids and I decide.
Post a Comment