Saturday, April 7
So Much for the Machine
Recently "I'm a machine" thoughts have me in a humor fit. You know the monatany of turning circles, you wonder what the heck!! Am I machine?....turning & turning & turning, just going and going. Not like, "I'm a machine kicking butt" just "I'm a fricking repeating machine." Over and over and over the legs go and go and go. It took a few minutes to convince myself it's ok to be doing this, and in these conditions(last few days). Snow, wind, 15 degrees in the am!!
ANYWAY, Friday was "I'm only human" big time. 23mph winds & gusts over 30mph, I almost got off and threw a tantrum. Part of the issue my only gear was 42x17, SS MTB 29'er, 2.1 knobbies. Yeah, chased a road biker from Hopkins to Calhoun, got within 20 ft, then stayed on Greenway (roadie went to cedar). Greenway to Hiawatha was cool. Coming back hard. Around Calhoun the wind would throw you sideways, then you could see it shotgun blast ripple accross the water surface. Cool. On Cedar, Kenwood back to hwy 100 was in my face blastforme.
Hey Amy and the gals got out again this weekend. Wahoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment