Sunday, April 15

MY ROADIE FAUX PAS

Saturday was a good ride day, my 2nd time on road bike all year. 3 hours in early AM, 2hrs later w/my Dad & Todd. Anyway..... My inappropriate presentation was the joke of the AM road ride. Below is a list of road bike Faux Pas and my defense/justification in parentheses. My Roadie FAUX PAS: -My camelback (they stopped to refill liquids, I was fine) -My windbreaker & layers, called "parka" (warm, zipper options) -Saddle bag too big (stored tools, treats, all utilized by the others) -Neck gators, un-appealing (I like gator warmth & bright grn color!) -Helmut 2 big, duck tape, visor (kept sun out of my eyes & comfy) -Shorts over tights MTB'ish (inner thighs get cold in early AM wind) -Chopper gloves funny looking (my hands we're warm!) -Learning about 2 toe warmers in each bootie (if they only knew I had MTB boot shoes on!) -Rear tire lift-over move to straighten out at stoplight (laughed about it being a MTB move) -Many more infractions I can't remember I'm surprised I didn’t get a hard time about my egg beater pedals. I almost put on a back pack loaded with misc goods and weight, that would have been good!! Anyway, I had no problem on the ride regardless of so called infractions.... With all these faux pas no wonder roadies, MTB'ers, and single speeders all give each other a hard time. I didn't know of all these dress code rules. It's the discriminating evidence which always brings out the best in people. Oh well, it was all in good fun for us. We all simply ride right?

No comments: