Today same deal but went 2 hours non-stop, 17.3 mph average. Today was 82% average HR, yesterday 87%. Not sure if I should try to hold it for 3 hours or go back to lazy jane base miles. I think I'll mix it up for a month.....working up to 4 hour rides soon. So I sumize, long rides to enduce mitochondria to handle pyruvic acid will only create fatty acid burn abilities, therefore less lactic acid!! See my training blog link, go to "lactate threshold" article under the race results link. Also, I'll do shorter intensity VO Max fun post early week gym work and recovery. It's all fun now!
Saturday, March 24
Speed, Force or Just Fun?
This time of year I pretend like I have a huge base. Actually I don't. I push some force training anyway, which ends up being SS speed work too. Yesterday 1 hour @ 17.6 miles an hour on my 29'er rigid, 2.2 tires with 42x17 single speed gearing. You just gotta love road bikers face when I say, "I'm already 90%+, have a good day"....then I catch'em, stick with or pass them. So fun.
Today same deal but went 2 hours non-stop, 17.3 mph average. Today was 82% average HR, yesterday 87%. Not sure if I should try to hold it for 3 hours or go back to lazy jane base miles. I think I'll mix it up for a month.....working up to 4 hour rides soon. So I sumize, long rides to enduce mitochondria to handle pyruvic acid will only create fatty acid burn abilities, therefore less lactic acid!! See my training blog link, go to "lactate threshold" article under the race results link. Also, I'll do shorter intensity VO Max fun post early week gym work and recovery. It's all fun now!
Today same deal but went 2 hours non-stop, 17.3 mph average. Today was 82% average HR, yesterday 87%. Not sure if I should try to hold it for 3 hours or go back to lazy jane base miles. I think I'll mix it up for a month.....working up to 4 hour rides soon. So I sumize, long rides to enduce mitochondria to handle pyruvic acid will only create fatty acid burn abilities, therefore less lactic acid!! See my training blog link, go to "lactate threshold" article under the race results link. Also, I'll do shorter intensity VO Max fun post early week gym work and recovery. It's all fun now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Did you go with Ride to Eat Bunch?
Fat Tire cashed my check. I'm in.
Dad
RTE went 7:30am yesterday on roadies. It was one of the rare times it was too early 4 me. Kids sleep overs and schedule issues... Plus I was more interested in my 29'er gearing/ride than the road bike. Still haven't been on the roadie yet.
What's with all dat techno lactic data??? I think your playing possum on the whole "not sure how to train" thing...
Richo road ride on Saturday... MTB w/ slick for 4+ hours... Found a group of roadies to attack... Luke and I reeled em in... Best when they look over to see an MTB passing on the left... Out.
Techno-lacti-data-spew, funny huh. No matter how geeky one gets with research, individualizm of training poses true enjoyment and challenge. I like to share and ask everyone what they think in relation to my needs, then regard or disregard. My take aways from all my gatherings becomes my plan and my confidence.
Post a Comment