Saturday, December 16

Roadie Marshmellow Dead Frame Crack Training

RECOVERY. Recovering with great progress, most concerns are past. Even after the big black, blue and swollen kahuna's (week 1)....sleeping and getting into a car was still an issue(week2), now all symptoms are almost gone. It's itchy and then there's the finger they sewed in by mistake. Seriously, it looks like a pinky finger was sewn into me. Incision line will be hard & protruded...how was I suppose to know that's normal. Doc wasn't sure how much riding was ok as he put it, "most patents don't ride 10 minutes let alone 2-3 hours, ummmmn , your on the way fitter side of the spectrum, not sure...." So I'm gonna go ride, more on that in a bit. SPONSORSHIP and BROKEN FRAME. Yep, cracked my hardtail the night before surgery at Leb. No impact or crash, just downtube failure. It was more than a hull breach, see pic!! It's all good as the plan includes a 29'er. Yep, 29'er MTB in 07'. At least SS wise. In a crazed drugged up recovery fit of concern, sent off sports resume to 4 bike companies. I threw it together on a whim in 20 minutes. One reply already, "we can offer you a grassroots program, just tell us what you want and then..." Anyway, I'm not sharing with who yet as there's a plan in the works (right P.K.!!). Plus I'll go with one and not abuse the system. No matter what, LCR team stays. Hint...looking at aluminum & scandium 29'ers like.....Voodoo Aizan scandium, On-One scandium, Kona Kula scandium, and Misfit Psycles aluminum. All nice, geometry varies, but will wing it with fork shown in pic. If headtube angle ends up off I may go with 3.3lbs 85mm Reba shock or WhiteBro. Who knows. Oh check out these homey pics.... American Classic ti BB 148gr. On-One carbon ridgid 29er 908gr. TRAINING. As I sit and ponder whether my belly is more like a marshmellow or a waterballon with stitches, thinking bout' training comes easy. Doctor basically says, "I don't know, start base and stop if it hurts." Base training starts today. My development plan is simple. Follow what worked in 2007 but start cycle sooner, incorporate gym leg work and ride a real road bike to work, alot. Road bike and gym work are new for me. The result will be earlier power, endurance and allow second build cycle in 07' (two peaks). The plan includes building endurance on mixed bikes again, gym work, then seated force training and finally more road rides to work with excursions to lengthen M.E. ride times. VO2 is the unknown, will it come around as soon as I want? With PE, race and ride detail data from last year an inward timing shift of periodizational stair step'n is map-able. Last year I didn't get sick or over train and will be caureful not to overdo it. Oh, I'll use menu items more as last year intervals we're loosley incorporated. Race schedule: more buck, more hillside, more out of state, less mnscs and a few epics. On the topic of training, I put a few favorite web links on the blog sidebar. What else, Chuck at Behind Bars bike shop took care of my used roadie. He was able to get out the rusted bottom bracket (overnight acid dunk) and fix up loose ends. Behind Bars bike shop is da bomb! Rode today with my Dad and Todd B. About 2 hours of cruzin. Wow, it's been 16 days off the bike til today...really missed riding......beer taste way better after riding! Bah ha!!! *..-_** Minnesota winter tire choices **-*-.**.

No comments: