Great race and really liked the course. I pooped out last year and wanted revenge. Not this year. Off the start I went easy as I could up the hill. Faded from the front group to 15th in-line but before woods put a big surge in up the hiil. Kevin waved me in ahead of him. I think top ten into woods. After settling I started going and feeling good.
I heard Kevin's chain grind bad up one of the little hills. I'm sure that put him and two others back a few secs. Later I started to feel a low tire in back while rolling. Ahhhh! I went slower to figure out the deal. I finally flipped the bike over and noticed I had a good gap before the next three chasers came by. Then another group many seconds later. I had a great race going!!
The start of the day....I got a flat before the race as the stans blew out (bead pop). PITA. Ahhh, the tire was holding fine Friday when installed and Saturday at Theo Worth. No issues. In Duluth before race tire blows off rim doing nothing. What gives. Got a tire before race and put a NEW TUBE in. found out later, the tube had a loose stem!!! It lost air during race.
Yeah, jumping back to the race. I pumped up the tire up three times with small pump trying to keep valve stem in, it kept unscrewing. PHSSSH air rushing out, deflating! Mosquitos ate me alive!! Finally I unbolted the SS from frame and put a new tube in, pumped up tire a fouth time!
I had three awesome laps after that. i passed alot of the comp class and many experts. It was a catch up, wait, then pass game for three laps. I had a great race, but a bummer result. However, I felt awesome!
Duncan realized sitting on his but don't work. We'll see what he does. I had a good time with my boy all day, then got my flight Sunday night. Anyway, next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sorry about the air issues never good when that happens.. sophia also learned sitting around and coming off the lazy-boy does not work..
Next time,, Buck is your hill!
Next time if I'm out running go ahead and steal my wheel or tire or whatever you need off my bike!
Fun to see both you and Duncan out there!
Here's the fun blog I told you about:
http://www.titaniumvertical.com/
Post a Comment