Sunday, June 17

Red Wing, Mud In Your Eye

Grandpa raced with Leo in the AM. Leo got attacked by the varmit!!! They changed the course after that action. Tacky some slick for citizen I hear. As expected by Expert/Comp race conditions we're primo, then even better (MUDDY!!!). Off the start and around feild I was third behind Brendan and another. Into woods in great position about 6th. Hung on to Nicollet guy Paul or Justin. Good but couldn't get a feel for legs. Frickin nates in eye, in windpipe, in ears made it a worthy lap. I fell to 8th knowing I wanted to settle (what is that? old age?). Anyway rain came. It got hella greasy fun.

They called the race short then realized Brendan went by.......so it was still four laps. Many quit at three. Cluster. I did four and it was awesome pushing mud tires dragging on stanchen and chain stays. I carried bike on back for a while. oh yeah awesome! Some spots like DuLac that one year. Anyway, results are TBD.

Duncan rocked it on the single speed in comp class. He said when it got greasy he went turbo. I knew when the rain came he would shine. He can ride the crap. That's my boy. Happy fathers day.

3 comments:

Brendan said...

Nice finish! Thanks teaching me a thing or two about mud racing.

DMC said...

still one of my favorite places to race,,when you come down here and play?

Larry Sauber said...

I figured out how to run my fancy air exchanger.

But the garage door opener don't work.

FD's on Thurs or Fri.