Tuesday, May 8

Setbacks. Move On

Time of year I realize, no matter. Plenty of time. Whatever. My season lasts because I recover and deal with setbacks. Sure I have ups & downs, crappy periods and all but it's sustainability that leads to consistency. Not going tweak anything in stupid desperation. Winter, Spring, Summer n Fall...be there.

So I liked the topic of setbacks. Gots some lame setbacks to share. It seems every year it's a muscle, tendon or too much "other" life activities which set me back. But realize....the season is long, enjoy. After all no broken bones! That would stink....my recent set backs:

-Work demands more as I demand more (I will miss Buck races!)
-Hamstrings hurt, heavy SS lifting period (taking days off needed!)
-Put my SS cog on freewheel w/o a lock nut. No stop (worked fine sloppy like)
-Derailuer skipping on SS cog. Bad idea. Cassette on in 5m. Got ride in. killed it.
-Rain. Go out anyway. Remember before bees always 30% chance of rain. Scared?
-Games. Quickly swapping parts to ride. Many bikes not together. Swap games. No excuse.
-Multiple races conflict with family or work plans.....where's carrot race now!?
-I stay up too late drinking anti-energy drink. Got energy, no excuse.
-No time, make time, there's no excuse, or just don't worry about it.

Don't be this guy..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shouldof stayed with your Goons... LCR!