Before the race Duncan and I waited for Grey Sqrl to pick us up.
The spring tanks. D-Man's sporting a new large Misfit 29'er SS like R Sqrl. Mine with heavy tires, p-tap and shock up front (yes cheq100 prep shock, shocker I know)....mine near 25lbs. A mere 8lbs heavier than my Niner rigid carbon SS wt weenie machine. I like weight in the spring at times.Before the race I noticed my shoe plates had issue. First skewers now shoes! Can you see the issue with the cleat area?
Duncan has NOT been on his bike except one Buck race. He's surviving. By July he will kick all of our ass''ss's'. He's an inch or two taller than me and 30lbs lighter! My Dad who's over 70 still hitting dirt too!
My race went really well. I've been searching for my heart rate all year and it showed itself at Hillside race! B. Moore, Doug Swanson, Luke Nelson, Joshua Tesch, Nikolai, Barry Tungseth, Jeff Colbert, Dave Hougland, and many we're present to hammer two hot laps. I can always lead or stay with anyone off the start.....for 50-400ft. So I was able to surge off then spin the SS 32x17 all the way down the road behind Brendan. It was pretty fast, then slow, then fast again.
I was able to hit beginner section 3rd behind Doug S and Brendan. Sweet. Funny my max heart rate didn't happen until later in beginner section. That's when Joshua went by mid beginner area. I chased and maxed out. Later I heard Colbert let'n Luke by. I gave it some gas and eventually Luke caught me halfway through Sec3. After giving up chase for Luke rest of the race I held steady. Solid focused effort. Colbert was back there most of the race but never too close.
Finally last lap of sec4 I buried myself. It's so cool to see my watts and peak 1min 5 min & 10 minute heart rate efforts on a graph in sec4 of last lap! I'm convinced I have a unique view with the p-tap, Single Speed MTB bike. Many questions are being answered and many I'll figure very soon. The p-tap on the mtn bike is not even close to my cx road efforts (well normalized power is close but not variance). This training article not too bad http://www.fascatcoaching.com/mtbpower.html .
I got 4th place and happy with results. Most importantly I have race pace heart rate again!! Below, heart rate and watts on training 39min/41min hot laps and then two faster laps with prologue race laps........what a difference 3 weeks and a "Race" makes.
After the race before and after cross mow training.... How about that yard!! No I don't lie around and try to please the neighbors. Too busy for that game.
Crappy push mower is highly recommended!! ...see ya soon.





1 comment:
Good to see Della still kickin
Post a Comment