Yep we did'em both.
Squirels everywhere!
Duncan Called
Grey Squirrel at 8AM Saturday and asked,
"when are you picking me up for Salem?" From what I hear Grandpa Grey Sqrl scrambled big time from the alien ship, grabbed Sqrl Jr. at 8:30ish then bolted for Salem. Just in time!! Grey did Cit, Duncan did Sport post rain storm at 1pm!! Anyway Grey was faster than prior yrs, Duncan's 8 block front tire was all mud(see pic). That's if you can see past Duncan's glowy chest. D-Man is faster this year too. Both just off the podium in 4th. They finished as every sqrl should. ha ha.
Speaking of finishing......
Cheq100. No prize just bragging rights for having a great day! Very cool. Maybe 110 showed. Great weather, almost rain free. Who ever signed up & bagged is lame right????
CHEQ100 RACE: About 30 guys of the start hammered like no tommorrow. I'm talking urban, city, rural, sport, expert, single, rigid, fu-mon-you all hammering...... Funny thing was my
90oz of water & all my gear, food was a black hole o mass for my $1.53 bad self. I was hate'n life off the start for 25 miles. After mile 25ish I backed off & said to myself, "
self, there will be carnage today."
NAMEKOGEN MESS: Sure enough many popped. Many got lost. Some flatted with no tools or tubes. Nuts! The chase group was lost as Larry, a SS'er & I caught them doing a u-turn in the bermuda triangle. Now it was 9 guys lost in the Namekogen cue sheet riddle. I was in it for the long haul. Not often I get a guys weekend of riding!!! Quiting was not an option. By this time many others failed or had equipment failure. There's always next year......
MILE 50 to END: Long story short few peeps we're off ahead as 9, then 15 of us hurried at 50 mile drop bag spot. I took off from drop bag zone top ten-ish. Legs we're filling up like a 70oz camelback, 2 fuel bottles, an avocatosalamicheesepirate sandwich, a salted nut, rain jacket, tube, pump and every tool one needs. I let Larry go for the chase. Larry caught the group ahead.
I hooked up with Ryan & Mike. The 3 of us finished the last 48 miles basically together for top 5. It was fun riding Ojibawe, Rock Lake, Hillde with dem! In the end we got lost less than the 6-pack. 6-Pack biked up torward CoRdM instead of torward Telmark! Some of the 6-pack flatted then routed back to pack? Who knows. Did you see the wheel barrel too?? Very good times. Very good miles that wouldn't have happened without this race. No prize just a good time!
Doing 110miles with Rock Lake, Ojibawe, Makwa, Mosiquto, Hatchery, Birke, Namekogen, Boedecker, Janet Rd, Birke steeps, Rock Lake Road etc etc etc. Again, perhaps couldn't have done it without coaxing of the organized race riddle. Thanks, sweet dreams for many nights are my finish prize.
results
4 comments:
Holding hands for 60 miles... Especailly when forced to the gravel/ rodie game... We benefited with the gift of a lost pack of fast guys... +8
It was a game of grass hopper and wrong way is right way to pleasure pain palace. What a day, it shouldn't be any other way. OK maybe NO drop bags, just bring your empty containers to mile Fiftay. FIVE O B4 H2O!! Swell event!
back at ya....great job for lockin' down 5th.
Thanks for the push on Sunday.
Thanks for manning the P-ship too!
Post a Comment