Sunday, May 9

Is the Gearing Always Wrong??

No matter what gear you choose or suggest, it's wrong. Or is it? That's the beauty of SS. Show up & use what you got. Everyone different too. For you it's under geared or over geared, for me more of one or the other - who cares. Funny thing is even after pre-ride gear choice scramble, we always ask was that right? I conclude, no matter what gear you got with proper attitude you'll end up where you should. Take St. Cloud, past 3 yrs ss champ race 29'r- 17 x 32, 34 then 36. Expert race I went a bit easier. All my gear choices are on my results blog page, or in recap post, or for sure in my training spread sheets. It helps me but may not help you. Anyway, the trick is to not complain or make excuse......regardless "what gear" it's a silly fun conversation. BTW I went to HILLSIDE for a non-race race day yesterday afternoon. 34x17 29'er big tires. Busted out 3 laps with great results!! If 100% heart rate is 100% crazy, I accomplished the following. Lap 1 90.1% crazy. All 3 consecutive laps averaged 86.4% crazy. Every time I hit section 4 basically steady at 93.4% crazy. Awesome effort. See you at Buck.

No comments: