Monday, July 21

Stranger Things Have Happened

MNSCS Red Wing and Nationals: What up with this weeknd of racing??? NATIONALS: dnf's, learnings and crashes!! Reading rider blogs it appears none of the fine folks we locals race with around here crashed. Too bad Sam J. (U23 boy) crashed while defending his title. On brighter note Chris P., TJ, Jake, Ben & Zenna all had very good XC races. Sounds like a good time was had by locals regardless of XC strange. Next year I hope to attend the maddness. RED WING was wicked fum yet a bit weird. It was't a relitively high temp day, yet, as prior night rains burned off racing was hot! With all the folks at nationals we looked to rally Luke, Oftendahl's, Dave Meyer, Matt Kurke, Barry, Jesse, Jan and a few others. Dave O, where we're ya? Off the gun my legs did it again, Barry said whaddda doing...? Kind of an on-going joke. Good call, I eased my efforts, Eric & Justin initially led us out. Into the woods we went....Justin, Oftendhl's, Barry, Luke & Myself. Barry led a good pace with Luke talking motivation to kept the Bro's in sight. Soon enoght Luke went after to chase aforementioned Bro's. Then with Anikin & Jesse chasing me, I kept Barry near ahead. Then Barry flatted! Then lap 2 I saw Justin cheering on sidelines! Also lap 2 Luke was off to the side of trail with a flat issue! Jan was walking his bike with a chain issue! Kurke off too! At one point I was in 3rd. After some chatting Anikin and Jesse charged up the woods climb ahead of me. Dave Meyer & another we're catching me fast & basically touched my tire begin of lap 4. Then I got back some fire. Basically standing single speed style the woods became mine. The open corners and roads we're also love for da 29'er. I held strong for a 6th place OA. Sweet. I gotz the "have enough" tire pressure for rigid-rigid figured out. I carried tools and tube yet 30lbs psi worked flawless. My gears: 2x8, 32/44, 11-30 worked fine. Whew. Thanks to LCR & Family cheering. So cool!!! Duncan had to dnf as he wasn't feelling well after one lap. He still had fun. My Dad had one of those bump in's with another racer and attended the crash. Pops is bummed as other party was hurt'n. Later in race he helped clear trees off the course too. We cheered him at the finish line. He was going for 1st in age but the anything can happen, did. Stranger things have happened in a weekend, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You circling somewhere in some back woods right about now???

FG out.