Friday, July 11

Buck Birthday

What sort of parents go to a Mountian Bike race on their kids birthday night! I guess that's us. Leo wanted to go to Buck Hill. He has a great time at Buck as do the other kids. The 5 of us and the family dog headed to Thursday Night at The Races for Leo's birthday. Leo wanted to race his new bike and knows extended family b-day event is Friday night. Needless to say we all had a great time! Mom and Alta didn't bike as they have bruised bodies. Thats ok they had fun talking to friends, cheering and doing artwork. Duncan, Leo & I all rode bikes. Duncan was happy with his race as he finised 2 laps under an hour. He scored a jersey and other fine swag too!
My Race: always wanting more, race went quite well. I never go to the gym & really don't do interval training...wish I did! Anyway, off the gun my tires slipped a bit on rocks but charged ahead with leaders. Into woods 3rd behind Brendan and Dave. It was surprising becuase my effort was quite slow nearing the woods. Barry, Chris & Jeff we're behind as we hammered through the woods. I really went hard to not hold up Jeff and try to bridge Dave and Brendan ahead. Brendan was gone, couldn't catch Dave. After Jeff flew by the next few laps went the typical game. Recover then charge ahead of who ever is around, then get hammered back. We did have lap traffic where Chris got hung up, and we waited for him to catch back up. Later, Chris finally charged hard on final water tower climb. Barry & I really didn't respond so we duo charged the end of Lap4 again until final sprint effort where came in just ahead of B for 5th. Buck is my interval training. Results in pic or visit Penn Cycle site for official results soon.

No comments: