My Dad broke his chain, Duncan was too sick to race. Amy and Teel did just fine spending an hour out there before calling it good. Janna won womens, and Jessica finished the tough race in style. Alta and Leo sledded until cold. Nami, Rick and even Rene come out! By the way my Dad was the oldest racer so he got a mug. Look at the name on the mug, how did they get that right????
My race was swell. Happy to come out in the money. I hammered off the start going for hole shot, got it. Led most lap 1 pretty convicingly. Don't get me wrong, was working way hard. Literally much running with 25% of my body weight being PUG bike-a-push. It was taxing & kept wondered how Larry & Jimmay we're fairing behind. I knew Larry's plan & still pushed ahead trying to create the biggest gap. Anyway, weight & commando style took it's toll... I started fading thinking about how long could actually keep pace. Larry caught me at start of lap 2 when I almost went OTB's leaving bike in snow 10 ft behind....he had his chance. I let Sargent FG go by (instead of hopping on and blocking). Was able to stay on wheel until mid sec 4, lap 2. That's where the running uphill w/PUG really got me. Cramps we're beginning to twinge. By section 1 it was cramp management, Josh caught me. I was able to get really close to him in sec 2 before finish a few times but cramping with each effort. There it is. Larry #1, Josh #2 & 3rd for me 25 seconds off 2 place. Not bad. Jimmay kicked butt strong 4th. Other Pictures Results VIDEO Later all!!
4 comments:
That is AWESOME Heath. Those pictures are amazing...looks like on-hell-of-a-damn-good-time!
Was that you dad with the funny looking pants in the fotos?
Matt-no my pops is the last guy on the right in the animated picture, with the red helmut and blue jacket.
Felt good, was more of a mental riddle for this Ricoh... Kind of like jenga in the snow... Which line to follow, which line to follow...
Let's bleed each other dry, prior to and on the 9th...
FG out.
What! you gotz time for Murph but no go for an Avon/Tupperware skirt party. I'm hurt. Sunday mid-day may work, it's perfect timing for major melt down before final PUG race. Saturday I'm out on secret recon. R.S.
Post a Comment