Saturday, August 11

More Leadville 07

In previous post I shared my 2007 finish time and mechanical issues! Anyway, here's more 2007 stuff I wanted to remember...

fyi- my big 2006 story, my first leadville

THANK YOU DUNCAN & DAD!! I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOUR CREW SUPPORT. SEND THOSE PHOTOS. Thanks Alta, Leo and Mom at home too....all season. I'm in blue on left behind Floyd & Dave (in front box). Thanks UltraRob for pics.

Weins wins, new record 6hrs 58 min. Floyd finished about 7hrs flat. Lot's more articles. My Dad & Son saw Floyd, with scrapes, and Weins fly by at mile 25, 40 & 60.

It was fun to be on course with them(course map). With my top 100 start, I actually rode in lead pack for about 5 miles. I had to hammer to stay with lead pack of 20 some after control car left, but was able to stay on train easy once on. You can actually see me in blue/white helmet and LCR blue/yellow jersey on left by guy with rain looking gear on. Click to enlarge. LOOK at the masses!! Once we hit St. Kevin's settled in at pace, up up up. The first 25miles hurt a bit, but recovered fine. The worst part was my freewheel sticking issue mentioned in previous post. I stopped on Haggerman pavement downhill to inspect! Sucked. Raced all day with cassette chain suck issues. ANYWAY, at thier 51 mile point, I was treeline going up, Floyd & Weins flew down past torward Leadville. That was my mile 49? I gave up on catching them then, ha ha ha (I was 45 min back then). Race Results LT100 Report

3 comments:

Surge said...

Dude great job!!! Sorry we did not meet up there. I DNF'd but it was a great experience for my first, and hope to be back with a vengeance next year.

Lots of pics on my Blog, you are probably in some especially some I haven't posted of lead pack on Powerline.

Thanks for your info up to now.

Sergio

HEATH said...

Surge, I missed you but did think about you. So many people at LT100, what a great time huh? You know how to reach me. Later, H

Kevin Kane said...

Heath,

I went back and read the report on my Garmin Edge 305. My total ascent reads 11,608.

My kids are proud of me. That alone made the pain of the race worthwhile. The wife is training for the Marine Corp Marathon in October here in DC. The focus now shifts to her. I think she may have been more excited than me when I crossed the finish line.

Congrats on the Big Buckle. That is an incredible effort! I start my training for Leadville 2008 this Saturday. I must get that (little) buckle!!

-Kevin