Family race notes & tidbits, primarily mountain bike stuff.
Friday, August 3
Buck 8/2 Flying Headless Horsemen
MORNING. Last night I was superman without a head. It wasn't a shoulda, coulda, it was all DUH!!!My power was on! Lap 1 at water tower I charged past Chris and Paul. Then Paul beelined into woods just in front, showing me a pro move. I let Chris(right on his wheel) and Eric follow him in. Barry and I held for most of the lap. Lap 2 the three of'em got away a bit. However, as Barry calls it, I was the engine. By start of lap 3 near top of road climb Miller said, get'em, get'em now and I powered by Paul and Eric for 2nd. Chris was heading down torward single track looking over wonder where we were. I knew it wasn't Paul's night(I hear food poisening, ya ya). Of course Chris just did 24x9 but still fast. Eric never came back after the start of 3rd lap pass. Anyway, Barry, Paul & I went back and forth plenty in last lap. Dave worked hard to catch us and was finally on for lap 4. Here's the kicker. I was in 3rd right on Barry for downhill before finish line climb. I thought there was one more lap so I paced up the hill. DUH!! Barry charged up, people we're screaming, Paul & Dave went by.... I noticed them all exiting to finish chute..DUH...I rolled in for 5th. Very close finish for top guys. I was there and gave up two spots. Honestly I was so pumped to be charging that hard all night, my head wasn't in it (dream state), all body.Duncan did two laps no wipe outs. Amy decided last minute to race, got 3rd! Yeah Momma! Good times. Duncan & I head to leadville soon with my pops.Last night results attached. Un-official, official link on right side of page. Looks like results are posted! Oh by the way Barry got over-all series, I got 2nd, Chris 3rd.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Good luck at the leadville 100...
Attack!!! recover. Attack!!!
How many laps of Buck would it take to make a leadville race? Riddle that.
2 comments:
Good luck at the leadville 100...
Attack!!! recover. Attack!!!
How many laps of Buck would it take to make a leadville race? Riddle that.
beat Floyd...
It hurts my brain each time I try to correlate Buck to Lead, good riddle indeed.
More than any other ride, the name of the leadville game is pain. I do bleive I beleive i b ready....anything can happen....
Post a Comment