Monday, August 28

Road to Gumer's

This weekend we we're invited to Gumer's cabin. It's out there past Buffalo. Anyway Amy and the kid's we're driving and 7 of us biked. 3rd ride since Leadville....I borrowed my Dad's road bike again, that makes 6 times on a road bike this year!! I must say, it's still a scary thing....skinny tires, cars, riding so close to each other and all. It was a nice ride. 67 miles in just under 3.5hrs. We averaged 19.1 miles an hour. Basically Ned and then Zab led the whole way. Ned for 20 then Zab for about 50 straight. Seriously. These guys are strong. To lead at that speed for that long.... I felt ok, my HR was below normal mtb road efforts, however I still feel Leadville(Aug.12th). It's either Leadville or the OTB at Spirit or both. I have a bruise or recovery going on, I hope it heals before Maplelag. The cabin was a blast. We surfed behind a boat, wake boarded and jet skied. Little Leo got up and going on water skiis. Maan that was cool. I shrimpy little 7 year old going across the water on skiis!! Alta went tubing and Duncan did the water fun too. Typical cabin stuff I suppose, lot's of fun. Oh, I must mention that I was woken up by Gumer asking for help to get a hook out of a huge muske's mouth. Yeah, this thing was 4ft long and 30+ lbs, not kidding!! Story for another day...

No comments: