
Not a bad race day considering lacking performance. Let's look at the bright side, a week prior I did Leadville 100. My goal this week was to finish for series points enabling one extra race for dnf surprise. Mission accomplished.
My race was nice and hard. Not cause I was Leadville beat but it was just a tough course. I liked it. Off the start I followed Thornquest up. By 3/4 mark up the first hill I started to fade...already!! Tyler then Bart, and Cory and another all passed me. Before the woods I was able to pass all but Thorn, Bart and Tyler. That left me in 4th. Thornquest dropped a chain or something and dnf'ed, Afton deja-vu... Anyway, I chased Bart and Tyler in 3rd with Joel behind me. Joel followed close and eventually was able to go by. Mike caught me by mid-lap as I faded more. Mike passed and the rest was history. I held onto 5th until the end of lap one.
Cory caught and passed me on the service road. I was able to pass him before the top of the hill (above start), then we cat and moused all of lap two. Once I went OTB good when my bars caught a tree. An off day for me no doubt. Jeff (LCR) team mate was bridging the gap too. My last hurrah came on the 4 wheeler paths. It was Cory, Myself and Jeff in 5th, 6th and 7th OA. We caught Hollywood and another Hollywood rider. We we're going fast but I could take'em before the tight woodsy downhills. So I hammered on and yelled on your left three times. I passed Cory, Holywood and the other Hollywood guy. Cory and Jeff chased. We dusted Hollywood, later he dnf'ed instead of finishing the expert last lap, pattern?

The last climb up was too much for my lead legs. Cory and Jeff went on to finish at pace, I bid them well. 7th for me. 1st in 40+ age, good enough. Jeff did a good job of taking Cory for 5th overall & 4th in 30-39age.
Duncan's race started off ok but by lap two he was pushing his bike up the complete entry hill. He said he overestimated the 1st lap speed. I think summer break and our 2 1/2 week vacation caught up to him. I ran up and asked if he wanted to quit, cause he could, he still said no!! Then he got bit by a huge bumble bee in the woods. I found this out when I got worried and tracked him down in the woods. He was off the bike not happy. I cheered him back on the bike and again he decided to finish.....that's the good news, he kept going. Last place all around for him, oh well. Way to finish D!!
I have Video's & photo's below, also check Skinny
Ski website other photo's.
Powder Mnkey Photo's
Citzen Start VIDEO
SS start VIDEO
30-39 sport start VIDIEO
Women Sport Start VIDEO
Horner Crew Water Bottle Hand-Off VIDEO
Rich Race Wheelie VIDEO
No comments:
Post a Comment