Wednesday, August 16

Leadville 100 Results ( LT100 MTB )

Wow, what a race.

103 miles, 12,400ft total elevation gain all above 9,200ft!!! The three high points included, two summits near 11,000ft and one 12,400ft summit turn around (took me 2 hrs to climb the big summit).

All in all that's 5 summits and many other mini's climbs to suffer through. People there are awesome. The course beats you down. It rained on me nearly 3 hours. I was numb, cold, hot, ache'd, tired, fast, slow, ready to quit and all good all in the same day. My results: -FINISH 133rd over 802 total riders (9hrs, 44minutes, 38 seconds) -86th place at mile 25 -118th at mile 40 (2hrs 56min after near 4,500ft gain) -163rd at mile 50 (5hrs after near 7700ft gain) -165th at mile 60 (5hrs 37min all down, it hurt my neck & hands!!) -165th at mile 76 (6hrs 45min) -133rd finish at mile 103 (after two more summits near 4,500ft gain and more screaming downhills in the rain!!!)

455 made the 12hr prize goal, 509 got an official time with less than 13hours, the remaining 293 dnf'ed or we're pulled off. Leadville 100 site with all results.. http://www.leadvilletrail100.com/racereportlist.ihtml?race=51

http://www.leadvilletrail100.com

So anyhow. I scored the Silver Buckle, Sweatshirt with my name and time on it, and a finisher medal for completion within time cut off. Neat stuff and adds to the prize of just plain finishing!!!

I plan to do a full write up of all the pain and glory of my race for personal record. It was an un-real learning. I'll update here later. My Dad (my crew) has pictures and start video's I'll link them in later too.

No comments: