Monday, September 5

Maplelag Where Everyone's a Kid Again

Duncan doing the lake jump!!!
Simply put, the weekend is a no brainer. I'd get in trouble if I said let's not go. Every single family member would hate me for not going. That makes a racing weekend easy!!! It was fun as heck.

Alta runs with the kid pack doing everything from swimming to talking smack with other kids her age. Friday night was a glow frisbeee game that only the kids knew the rules. Leo did the dirt jump track til his hands hurt, and kept going for more air. He did suicide hill three times in citizen course too. Mom talked it up with other moms, bikers and had fun like I. She grounded Leo for getting close to passing her in citizen race. She got a medal for her efforts.
Duncan killed it on the ss. 29'er 32x18 with maxis tt front and ralph 2.2 rear scored 6, 7 or 8th in all three events. He used our one front shock. I used our one cassette free wheel (I should fix that for cx season). Anyway the kid went from bottom 25% of sport to top 10 in one year!!! No he will never catch me!

I finally had some legs Sunday after deep painful Saturday events. I actually dropped out of the tt. I never do that, but that's what I get after an all in no prep duathlon....... All I know is the single track is what I like and Maplelag has it. 10 miles 9 of it single track. It made me look good as I was only a few minutes off my best season form. In other words for being out of shape and lazy of late, a good single track is all I need. Yeah I felt like a kid again jumping into the lake too! It was way easier that I thought it would be. Sure wish the drive train didn't freeze up, more air would have been better going into the lake. More pictures soon. Skinny ski has many, and I have more too. Later....

Duncan's Dad doing the lake jump. I must say the way D-Man killed the sport race and all three events on ss motivated me (pops).

1 comment:

Jay Richards said...

Thanks for coming up once again and supporting our event Heath. Always great having you and your family. Have a great Fall. h