Wednesday, March 10

Clean Sludge the Right Way

I used some HOT sauce my pops brought back from sint maarten to clean the sludge off my road bike. Actually used WD40!! I really don't clean my bikes much anymore. No time. I clean the road bike even less. Yeah SS rules. Anyway, the sludge was so bad a rag wouldn't get the goop out of cassette. Cardboard no go either. WD40, more sharp objects into cassette and pulleys then repeat, then wet lube was applied. Done....sludged up black re-lubed ready for more sand & road salt attraction tommorrow. Monday night was gritty good times! Ah, the Florida weather would be nice.....
Had a great time in Florida with the kids. D-world to Keys, waves to restuarants all good.
Other notes. Scored some really sweet simple mechanical brake levers from Origin8. I like these type of levers. These are similair to my kcnc's but harder steel. I'll be careful not to snap. Light!
This cassette will break before it even gets sludge on it. 137grams must try? What 2 races, maybe.... Not a sponsor just taking the risk with this item.
So we got our box of sludge from Hammer. Sometimes I think gatorade, pb&j, honey then milk and cookies would do just as well. Do like Hammmer though. Who ordered strawberry? I forget. Crank bros pedals should arrive soon. White industries the bestest sponsor all hubbed out. Hubs worked great on the winter fatty bike for our team.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the real reason you got that gram counter...

=8

You free to ride this weekend... How about the WhiteBearLoop? You can start at StLP...

HEATH said...

I haven't used the scale like that for 20 years. I use it for measuring Amy's cooking ingrediants.

Sunday is my only loop around White Bear through Wisconsin option day.

Anonymous said...

Careful using that sauce on your bike or before you ride. It could melt your saddle!

GS